Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vacation

I'd like to apologize for falling behind on my posts here, but I've fallen prey to summer. It's difficult to give a good goddamn about literary criticism and politics when you spend most of your day lounging on your deck, smoking cheap tobacco and strumming (badly) on your guitar.

However, I have undertaken a project of sorts. I've decided that my diet is getting a bit boring as of late, so I've done everything in my power to make it less healthy and more delicious. The fruit of my labor is described below, as an apology for my recent laziness.

Louis Berceli's Ridiculously Delicious Heart Attack Inducing Burger

First, grill a thick beef patty as rare as you can while actually cooking it. A lot of gourmet recipes call for onions and other whorebaggery mixed in with the meat, but that is just bad business when you're in the mood for something thick, greasy and smothered in cheese.

Speaking of cheese, melt a few slices of Colby over the burger.

While this is going on, fry up ten thick slices of bacon. These should finish around the same time as the burger, which you will put them on.

Now, in the pan still sizzling with bacon fat, fry two eggs over well. Put these on the burger.

Put the burger on a grilled bun with lettuce, tomato and mayonaise. Serve with fries (or pan fries, if you'd like) smothered in colby cheese and topped with crumbled bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment